Non-invasive Arterial & Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
The New York Heart Center Arterial & Vascular Laboratory was established in 1996 and has provided vascular diagnostic testing for over 16 years. The Non-invasive Arterial & Vascular Laboratory provides complete and thorough testing for Peripheral and Cerebrovascular disorders on an outpatient basis.
The NY Heart Center Vascular Laboratory has been accredited by the IAC (The Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) for Cerebrovascular and Peripheral Vascular Testing.
Trained and Credentialed Vascular Technologists
All members of our vascular technical staff are Registered Vascular Technologists (RVT) credentialed from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
Cerebrovascular Disease – blockages in the arteries to the brain that may increase the risk of stroke
- Carotid artery duplex ultrasound
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) – blockages in the circulation to the legs or atherosclerosis or other diseases, which may threaten the limbs.
- Non invasive arterial exams of the legs or arms (Physiologic testing)
- Duplex ultrasound of the lower extremities
- Exercise treadmill testing for claudication (leg pain with walking)